Headlines News :
Home » , » Director K S Ravikumar’s open talk

Director K S Ravikumar’s open talk

Written By Unknown on Thursday 7 March 2013 | 07:33

DirectorK RavikumarK S Ravikumar is the Master of Tamil cinema. Now he is directing the Hindi remake of the Tamil film Swami. The remake version has Sanjay Dutt in the lead role. In a talk with him:

You have directed so many hit films. Then why are you directing the Hindi remake of the Tamil film Swami?

They had acquired the rights and approached me. What can I do? I was a bit reluctant to direct this film since there are lots of police stories are being produced. I have made lots of changes in this film. It is little difficult for me to work there because people there are not able to cope up with my speed. If the hero is not there, I will shoot the portions which do not pertain to the hero. I finished the shooting very fast. Only one fight sequence and two song sequences are remaining to be shot.

It is very difficult to release films in Tamil Nadu these days?
Whatever film we make, people have started creating some kind of problems. So I think that only house fly, mosquito, lizard and cockroaches can be shown as villains because they will not file a case against us. To show a bad guy, we have to show a person as a smoker and drinker. People scold us if we keep such scenes. Then why there are so many wine shops in the streets. This is all too much.

At one point of time Rajini was forced into politics. Now that situation has come to Kamal.

Rajini coming to politics is in the hands of God. We don’t know what Kamal has in his mind. Apart from this, Kamal sir is not a close friend of mine. After Manmadhan Ambu, we would have spoken only four or five times. I will speak with Rajini sir once in two days. For anyone to come to politics there should be some kind of force. As far as cinema is concerned Rajini is mass and Kamal is class. I don’t know how their politics will be.

Tell me the truth. What is the status of Kochadaiyaan?

I saw the film last week. It has come out astoundingly well. Rajini sir and I were fully satisfied. Soundarya has directed very well. 20 days is enough for these kinds of films but the post production work will take months together. I was in charge of story, screenplay, dialogues and supervision of direction. Soundarya’s job was to give visual treat to the audience. The whole film has pure Tamil. Rajini sir has also spoken literary Tamil in this film. You will see a different and innovative Rajini in this film. I myself have not seen Rajini like this. I am sure you are bound to see this film at least 5 times. You will like it so much.

There was new that you were ousted out of Kochadaiyaan and was replaced by Madesh?

I also noticed it. Rajini sir himself laughed on hearing this news. Rajini will say what he has to say. The shooting was under my custody. I have completed and given it. Now if Madesh is there. It means that his services are required. If he helps in editing, let his name be in the title card as editing assistant. No one is dependent here. I am also not here depending on others.

We thought you will give a commercial film which will have Rajini or Kamal. Now there is news that you are going to direct a film which will have Vadivelu in the lead role.

Rajini sir that we will speak about Raana after completing Kochadaiyaan. Then talks regarding Panchathanthiram 2 were held. After this no one approached me on behalf of Kamal. Only at that point of time I listened to a story for Vadivelu. Gayathri who wrote the biography of Rajini sir narrated this story to me. I liked the story very much. Vadivelu also after listening to the story met me. He asked me whether we can do this. I also gave my nod. This will be a superb film. The producers who feel that cinema is cinema can come forward to produce it. We can simply rock.

Share this article :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Tamil Cinema News - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website Inspired Wordpress Hack
Proudly powered by Blogger